Other Jobs You Might Like
At Twig Education we’re passionate about our products and the future of science education. We care about what we do and how we do it.
Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by over 150,000 teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages.
Our award-winning videos, digital resources and lesson materials are created in our head offices in Glasgow, near Kelvingrove Park, by a team of around 80 filmmakers, designers, developers, writers, teachers, academics and parents.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in the delivery of Twig’s multimedia content to our various web platforms and beyond.
If you get a kick out of keeping content neat and tidy, love spreadsheets, and are able to spot an irregular data entry at 20 paces, this could be the role for you. You will help ensure our complex content gets where it needs to go, on time, and in the right format. In order to do this successfully, you will need both technical and editorial skills, and the ability to think programmatically.
The role offers scope to develop these skills in order to become an expert on the structure, content and delivery of our world-class digital education products.
- Data entry, formatting and QC of content in preparation for upload to our CMS
- Support content editors with making corrections to existing content
- Help troubleshoot the content upload and management process, finding ways to improve systems and processes to ensure a smoother workflow
- Maintain project documentation (e.g. filenaming protocols, upload instructions, entity relationship diagrams)
- Raise risks regarding content management/upload and take steps to mitigate them
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
This role reports to the Head of Content Management and Delivery.
Skills and Experience
- Strong technical literacy, a high level of proficiency and comfort with spreadsheet functionality, and quick to learn new technical skills
- Experience of working with XML- or HTML-tagged content, or similar
- Experience of using a CMS/database and/or content/data handling in general
- Meticulous attention to detail and a methodical approach to tasks
- Excellent organisational and communicative skills
- Ability to think analytically and programmatically about complex systems
- Disciplined, yet flexible enough to adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience of using a proprietary/in-house CMS/database
- Experience of proofreading or editing written content in a professional context
- Experience with design software such as Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Contract: Full-time, fixed-term until end July 2021
Location: Although this role would be based in our Glasgow office, the team is currently working remotely. Interviews will be conducted online.
Closing date for applications is Friday 6 November.
To apply, please send us your CV and a covering letter using the online form. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.