- Next Step Jobs
MoneyMagpie: content editor, full-time position, but can be part-time. Also open to freelance applicants on a pro-rata basis.
MoneyMagpie is a personal finance site that has been running since 2008. We are growing – and that means we need someone fabulous to be our content editor. You will have great planning, editing and writing skills, with experience in investing and personal finance writing, and you can live anywhere in the world to do the job.
We need a self-starter who loves working with people (and spreadsheets). Someone who can research current trends and create content plans around what is in the financial news as well as evergreen personal finance and investing content.
Experience in writing investment and general personal finance articles is essential, as is an ability to manage people, work with both freelancers and in-house staff, and have great project management skills.
In return, you will get a new role to shape as your own within a loyal, fun, and hardworking team. We aim to make finance fun – and that is reflected in the people we hire. The position is – and always will be – entirely remote. Since 2013, we hve operated as a remote company with people based across the UK and beyond – so it is second nature to us.
A content editor will have:
- Three to five years’ experience in writing and editing investment and personal finance articles
- Strong project management skills
- An understanding of different media channels in content plans (social, PR, web content etc)
- A proven ability to create content schedules
- Strong research skills
- Confidence with multitasking
- Experience running cross-platform campaigns
- Attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills
Our content editor would ideally have:
- An understanding of SEO
- Experience with Google Analytics
The content editor will oversee the day-to-day content production of MoneyMagpie. This includes creating schedules and calendars, working with sales and marketing, and developing social media and PR plans with the relevant people.
You will need to be a good and quick writer and editor and be aware of investing and financial news and what’s relevant to our audience. It also requires strong project management, communication, and time management skills.
We are flexible about work hours but you would need to attend at least one online meeting per week with the other members of the team.
The content editor will also:
- Put together the weekly personal finance newsletter and fortnightly investing newsletter
- Write and update investment and personal finance articles each week
- Research finance trends and topics to create content schedules. Identify current content gaps
- Identify potential cornerstone content pieces for sponsorship (working with the sales and marketing director)
- Manage freelance writers to produce articles and social media posts on a weekly basis.
- Edit articles where required
- Work with our PR consultant and social media team
- Use Google Analytics to monitor content performance
- Report monthly on website traffic, social media engagement, and sponsored campaign results
- Identify media opportunities to promote the brand
- Develop some content in line with sponsors and the sales and marketing director.
The content editor will need to work on short-term content, such as trending news, as well as make longer-term plans of three, six, and twelve-month calendars. They will work with the sales and marketing director to ensure sponsored content is produced on time and to the client’s requirements.
This is a new role with great scope for the right person. We are at a growth stage and need someone who can handle multiple projects at a time to move us to the next level.
Salary – £32K for full-time and pro-rata for part-time or freelance
How To Apply
To apply: provide your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30 November 2021. Feel free to contact us on the above email address if you have questions about the role.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.