Other Jobs You Might Like
The Content Editor will implement the editorial strategy for OGCI, communicating clearly and powerfully across multiple formats. Coordinate with the Chairman of the ExCom, Strategy & Policy team, Communications Taskforce and OGCI Workstream leads to build consensus among Member Companies on new narratives and communications materials. Regular interaction and coordination with OGCI Climate Investments’ Editor to ensure consistency of messages and strengthen external profile.
The role requires you to communicate across multiple formats and have an interest in climate and energy issues.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- To implement the editorial strategy by writing short news items.
- Lead curation on social media, shaping engaging content.
- Manage the editorial calendar.
- Manage day-to-day relations with the social media team and other marketing and communications sub-contractors.
- Coordinate narratives with the communications taskforce and OGCI workstream leads.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To lead the curation on social media by shaping engaging content.
- To implement the editorial strategy by writing short news items, longer blog posts and explainers, case studies, newsletters, video scripts and web pages.
- To coordinate with the communications taskforce and OGCI workstream leads to build consensus among member companies on new narratives and communications materials.
- To manage the editorial calendar and day to day relations with the social media team, web developers, graphic designers, multi-media team and freelance writers.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Relevant education experience (journalism, science, climate, social science, energy etc), including at least an undergraduate degree.
Additional Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of energy and climate issues is an advantage but not a requisite.
EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrable work experience in journalism and/or digital media.
- Demonstrable skill both as a writer and an editor.
- Accomplishments in social media and/or data journalism.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SPECIAL APTITUDES
Behavioural Competences Required:
- Enjoys working with and learning from others in the team.
- Highly talented writer and storyteller.
- Full of ideas and have a keen interest in working with social media, graphics and data.
- Excited to have your own projects to drive, but also enjoy working with a team.
- Looking forward to learning from and challenging your colleagues to improve quality and impact
- Able to challenge the team to think in new ways.
- Outcome-oriented – happy to do whatever work is needed to implement the editorial strategy well.
- Cares deeply about the outcome.
- Manages to deadline.
- Ability to always act with diplomacy.
Special Aptitudes or Personality Attributes Required:
- Passion for making an impact on climate change.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & HOW TO APPLY
- The position is based in the UK
- Eligibility to work in the UK is mandatory.
- International travel will be required from time to time.
- Diverse locations of OGCI CI may result in out of hours meetings/calls, as required.
Salary Range: £40,000 – 80,000 depending on experience
Excellent Benefits Package including Pension, Bonus, Cycle to work, Hybrid Working, Gym Subsidy.
Closing date: 21.1.22
Please apply by sending cv to Sara Mack, email@example.com