Other Jobs You Might Like
- Flexible Working
- Freelance Gig
Save the Student are on a quest to find a passionate and hard working freelance content editor to join their team on a part time basis. Either remote or in-house.
Founded in 2007, Save the Student (www.savethestudent.org) has grown to become the UK’s leading student money website, serving over three million monthly visits.
Our mission is to educate and support university students in making their money go further and you’ll be a key part of this.You’ll be working alongside experienced online editors to publish and promote first-class, trusted content that engages with a student audience.
You will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Researching for and updating our on-site articles
- Optimising content for organic search (SEO)
- Checking and updating key facts and figures
- Sourcing, editing and placing images within articles
- Working on new and exciting projects.
- At least two years’ experience in some type of editorial work
- A genuine interest in personal finance, consumer and student issues
- An attention to detail (especially spelling and grammar)
- Experience with online editing
- Fast learner comfortable with following instructions
- University degree (preferably in writing, English, journalism or similar)
- A passion for helping people
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Own a computer (up-to-date antivirus and firewall)
- Have a GSOH (at the risk of sounding like a lonely hearts ad)
This is a rare opportunity to work on content read by millions. If this all sounds up your alley, we want to hear from you!
What to expect at Save the Student:
We’re a highly experienced and sociable team making digital waves from our own yacht, safely moored in a vibrant dock just 15 seconds from a DLR station and 10 minutes from Canary Wharf.
Our office motto is “work like a captain, play like a pirate” – but we promise the boat-related puns end there (although probably knot).
Whether in house or remote, you’ll have regular contact with our full-time team.
Location: Canary Wharf, London or remote
Hours: Part-time, a minimum of 15 hours a week
Pay: £15+ per hour (dependent on experience)
Start date: ASAP
How To Apply
Sound like your dream job? Here’s what you need to do:
- Contain your excitement, take three deep breaths… focus
- Write 500 words on what makes you the best candidate for this position
- Share two examples of recent work
- Share your favourite meme (of all time)
- Include an up-to-date CV.
Email your application with subject line ‘Freelance content editor application’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention Journo Resources when applying – it really helps us out.
Thanks for your interest, we hope to hear from you very soon!