Other Jobs You Might Like
- Remote Working
- Starting Out
The Know is a purpose-driven media company focused on helping millennial women understand the news and take action around the headlines.
We publish the news to our 92,000-strong community with no jargon and in digestible formats via Instagram, and newsletters, prioritising the issues our audience cares most about: the environment, equality, and mental health. We believe in facts not fear, positive calls to action, and looking for the silver lining.
We are currently going through a huge amount of growth and have just closed a round of funding that will enable us to expand across the UK and into the US. With this in mind, we are looking for a Content Creator to work closely with our Editor to create inspiring content and help drive our vision of creating healthier conversations around the news.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, multi-talented individual who wants to see the inside of a fast-moving media startup, create exciting content, and work closely with the Editor.
The ideal candidate is a budding content creator who is excited to produce work for a variety of platforms, isn’t afraid to share their ideas, and is willing to throw their hat in the ring for a variety of tasks. This is a rare opportunity to be part of the founding team in an exciting media startup and be instrumental in shaping the content output of The Know.
- You’ll share your content ideas in our editorial meetings, whether that’s news stories we should cover, something interesting for our weekly newsletter or a way we can better utilise our social presence.
- You’ll create content for our Instagram, choosing the best social-first approach to sharing news stories and other features.
- You’ll create social-first, short-form video content (think Reels and TikTok) on a range of topics (ranging from wellness to news explainers) to entertain and engage our readers.
- You’ll write news stories in our tone of voice for our daily newsletter and contribute features to our weekly newsletter.
- You’ll help create branded content for partnerships with support from the wider content team.
- You’ll help to build our network of friends of The Know, by reaching out to people, communities and brands who align with our work.
- You’ll be on hand to help the team with upcoming special projects: think events, podcasts, merchandise, and more!
- You’ll support the team with research tasks.
- You are passionate (or soon to be!) about engaging young women with the news and have a strong understanding of how best to connect with our demographic (women aged 18-40).
- You’ll have excellent written communication skills and a keen eye for detail. Between news stories, Instagram DMs, and emails with our readers, we pride ourselves on professionalism.
- You are a digital native. You love social media, have a sound understanding of how to best utilise each platform, and are on the lookout for new trends emerging.
- You’ll have a great sense of judgement. This is super important especially when posting to socials.
- You have a visual eye and are comfortable using (or willing to learn) design software like Photoshop to create graphics for social (design assets already provided don’t worry!).
- You’ll enjoy engaging with journalism and digital content and have a strong eye for a good story.
- You have a passion for community building – you will be on the front line, helping us respond to our readers in a timely manner and growing our community.
- You are excited to contribute to a fast-paced editorial team and are willing to throw your hat into the ring at any opportunity.
Job Title: Content Creator
Salary: 20-25k (depending on experience)
Holiday: 25 days (plus bank holidays)
Start date: September 2021
How To Apply
Please send your CV and task to email@example.com. Please mention Journo Resources when applying, it really helps us out.
Write a story in the style of our daily news offering or our weekly feature offering that you think would appeal to our audience. Then show us how you would adapt this story for social media (Instagram feed posts, Instagram Stories, Reels/TikTok). For ideas on our tone of voice and how we format, sign up for our newsletters (theknowmedia.co/newsletters) and check out our Instagram @theknow.media