Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and skilled new Communications Manager to help us engage with more local people and grow our impact.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone seeking to progress or rebalance their career in communications whilst helping us promote our invaluable Healthwatch service to local people, NHS and care staff, voluntary and community sector partners and other stakeholders.
The role involves leading our digital and social multi-media content development and marketing, and building up our press and media links, as well as supporting the delivery of our wider Communications and Engagement Strategy alongside other communications staff.
In exchange, we can offer a flexible and friendly working environment, with a competitive salary (£28,000 to £33,000) for 37 hours per week and the option to work part-time if preferred. We also offer a generous 8% employer pension contribution and a £500 welcome payment on the successful completion of your six-month probationary period.
You Will Have…
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a small team.
- A track record in leading the production of digital and social media content, including images and video, news and blogs.
- Experience in working with the media, including proactive and reactive press engagement and developing content in support of campaigns.
- An understanding of media licensing and copyright laws, and of data protection legislation.
- A willingness to travel across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough on occasion as part of the role.
- Ideally, you will also have a good understanding of how health and social care services are commissioned and delivered — and a good knowledge of the local voluntary and community sector.
How To Apply
More information about the role and the person we are looking for can be seen in the job profile here.
For an informal chat about this role, speak to our Chief Executive, Sandie Smith. Contact Carole Rose to arrange
Call: 0330 355 1285
Click the link below to complete the online application form. You will be emailed a completed copy of your application form once you have submitted it.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.