Other Jobs You Might Like
- Flexible Working
Just Like Us is recruiting for a Comms and Press Officer. This is an extremely exciting time to join Just Like Us – in 2021, our Growing Up LGBT+ report hit major national, regional and LGBT+ press, highlighting huge challenges that LGBT+ young people are facing today, and we recruited more schools than ever to join our programmes through press, billboards, social media ad campaigns and email marketing. In 2022 and beyond, we want to grow our Comms team so that we can continue driving our brand awareness, engagement and sign ups to our programmes.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with some press experience and press contacts (that could be through PR or as a freelance/part-time/full-time journalist), although this is not essential. Alternatively, you may be someone with great copywriting experience through marketing, sub-editing or another relevant field.
You need to be someone who can write succinct, sharp copy to produce effective press releases that journalists can easily pick up, as well as marketing emails and social media content that persuade our audiences to take action.
We are very keen to hear from underrepresented voices, particularly Black and PoC candidates. You would be joining a very friendly, creative and motivated Comms team, working alongside our Social Media Officer Malik Haddington-Ahmed (he/him) and reporting into Director of Comms and Media, Amy Ashenden (she/her).
The Details & How To Apply
Please download the Application pack to read about the role and how to apply. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.
The deadline for applications is: 23:30, Thursday 19 May 2022.
Office location: London (hybrid working)
Holiday: 25 days (excluding statutory public holidays)
Reporting to: Director of Comms and Media
What we offer all employees:
- Pension contribution: Just Like Us will match your pension contributions up to 6%
- Flexible working: Just Like Us currently offers a mixed home/office working model, enabling team members to work from home and in the office
- Good work-life balance: the Just Like Us team work core hours and can claim back time off in lieu for working agreed overtime
- Professional development: We are committed to the ongoing professional development of all team members, with an annual training budget per person and a clear pathway to help your career goals
- Extra day of annual leave: For each year in post, team members gain an additional day of annual leave, up to a maximum of five
As a charity that champions equality and inclusion for all LGBT+ young people, Just Like Us recognises that we are part of a wider progressive movement of organisations, groups and individuals working towards a more equal, fair society where everyone is able to thrive.
Just Like Us has made a commitment to equity, anti-racism and social justice and is determined to raise minoritised voices within our communities as part of our work.
Deadline for applications is: 23:30, Thursday 19 May 2022.