- Flexible Working
Carbon Brief is looking for a multimedia producer to join their team for four weeks in June to cover paternity leave.
Main Duties Include:
- Producing new multimedia content for Carbon Brief articles. Type of content can include graphic design, mapping, interactive data visualisation, animation, video, and other media.
- Producing content for social media platforms, including graphics, videos and gifs.
- Working on larger interactive web features, frame-working, and testing features on our subdomain.
- Image sourcing, editing and uploading to WordPress.
- Recording, editing and uploading video to social media.
- Produce content that follows house-style guidelines, and working to deadline.
- An eye for design; excellent graphic design skills.
- Experience working with Adobe Suite, including:
- Creating flat graphics and images with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Animating data and video graphics with After Effects (In-house training provided, where necessary)
- Experience creating web content, with a good understanding of social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Youtube, as well as how best to format and utilise content for each one.
- Good understanding of content management systems, particularly WordPress.
- Experience working with data, such as cleaning and reformatting data, and visualising tools such as Highcharts (training provided).
- Experience working with mapping software including QGIS and Mapbox (training provided).
- Experience in video production and editing; good shooting skills. Editing video and audio with Premiere Pro and Audition.
- Good understanding working with Google Docs, Sheets, Trello and Slack.
- Knowledge and experience working with Tableau, Github, AWS/S3.
Contract Details & To Apply:
Duration: Four weeks, Mon-Fri, likely to commence mid-June 2020. A flexible start date of up to two weeks either side of mid-June is preferable.
Location: Remote/Working from Home.
Daily Rate: £160
To Apply: Please send a CV and recent examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 11 May. Do make sure to mention Journo Resources in your application – it really helps us out. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Carbon Brief.
About Carbon Brief:
Carbon Brief is a UK-based website covering the latest developments in climate science, climate policy and energy policy. We specialise in clear, data-driven articles and graphics to help improve the understanding of climate change, both in terms of the science and the policy response. We publish a wide range of content, including science explainers, interviews, analysis and factchecks, as well as daily and weekly email summaries of newspaper and online coverage.