About Media Business Insight
Media Business Insight Limited (MBI) owns a unique portfolio of leading multichannel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film and marketing services.
Broadcast Intelligence is an online platform providing commissioning briefs from UK, US and SVoD commissioners.
We’re all in this together!
Customer Focus – Our customers are at the heart of our business.
Passion – We embrace teamwork, promote creativity and work towards a common goal of success.
Honesty – We are committed to open and transparent communication.
Expertise – We work hard to become experts in our specialist disciplines and fields. Innovation – We encourage creativity to maintain our position as market leader.
The content researcher is responsible for researching briefs and interviewing commissioners in order to effectively communicate current television commissioning wants and needs from channels such as the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Disney, Netflix and HBO.
Predominantly the content researcher will focus on written updates. These should be well researched through your own contacts, email alerts, social media, industry events, trade publications, external news media and other sources.
Writing will be clear and concise, adhering to Broadcast’s editorial guidelines.
The content researcher role also provides opportunity for knowledge sharing with our subscribers in other ways, including podcasts, social media video, hosting events and panels and writing for our sister website Broadcast.
This is a role suited to someone who is excited about the television industry, with a background in either television or journalism.
We are looking for someone who is social and hardworking, comfortable networking with a passion for media and broadcasting.
Job duties and responsibilities
Primarily the content researcher will have responsibility for the quality, accuracy, relevance and comprehensiveness of all data and copy for commissioner profiles on Broadcast Intelligence.
This includes, among other things:
- Research commissioners and their needs, recent work and preferences, through your own contacts, email alerts, social media, industry events, trade publications, external news media and other sources.
- Write concise, clear copy on the television industry that adheres to Broadcast’s editorial guidelines.
- Ensure that Commissioner Index fields are populated to standards as stated in the editorial guidelines.
- Continuously track commissioners and where needed update profiles – you will be closely working together with the rest of the Broadcast and Broadcast Intelligence team on this too.
- Develop long-lasting and effective relationships with commissioners and other relevant industry figures.
- Ensure contact details kept in our database are up to date.
- Promote the service wherever possible (editorial, events, bulletins).
- Write, edit and upload relevant content for Broadcast and Broadcast Intelligence as required.
- To constantly review our editorial processes and contribute ideas for improvements.
- Attend national and international industry events for networking and to enhance industry knowledge, and build and maintain contacts. This may involve occasional working evenings and/or weekends.
- To participate in/take ownership of special projects as and when required.
Additional personal requirements
- Experience in the television, media or journalism sector.
- Excellent writing and summarising skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Social media management.
- Strong copy editing.
- Good IT skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the UK broadcast landscape and especially the commissioning area.
- Positive and sociable team-player attitude.
- Good at networking.
- Sharp eye for detail.
- Confident telephone manner
Why work for MBI?
Media Business Insight is a great place to develop your career. MBI staff are hugely passionate about their brands and what they do. They are hardworking, effective and expert professionals who provide trusted and essential services.
Our Commitment to you:
- Development and training
- Social Commitments and People Perks
In recognition of our talented people we also offer:
- Flexible Working hours
- Individual training opportunities
- Additional day’s annual leave for each year of service up to 30 days
- Hold annual Christmas and Summer parties
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- Interest free travel and office loans
- Company sponsored lunch & learning sessions
- Unlimited tea and coffee, to keep us all going!
We look forward to working with you!
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The subject of the email needs to clearly state the job title of the vacancy, and body should detail salary expectations. Candidates will be responded to when they apply, and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.