Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
Are you looking for a way to harness the true power of storytelling? Do you want to make it easier for anyone to get the news and information they need, in a convenient and engaging manner? Would you like to guide people through complex news topics while also exposing them to multiple perspectives? At Noa, you will be able to achieve all this, and more.
Who we are. Noa
Noa (“News Over Audio”) is one of the world’s fastest-growing media-tech start-ups. We bring listeners narrated content from some of the most prestigious publications, including Bloomberg, Harvard Business Review, The Economist, The Telegraph, The Washington Post, and many more. However, we do far more than simply produce audio versions of text-based news.
Our dedicated team of editors carefully curate articles from our publishers before packaging them into topic-specific playlists (called “Series”). These Series are designed to guide our listeners through the main talking points of an important subject while also offering them multiple perspectives to consider. The outcome is that we help them to better understand the news.
As Noa’s listenership grows, we’re looking for an ambitious editor to join our team. You will help us to create the best experience for our listeners by selecting the highest quality journalistic content for audio, before crafting it into an informative and rewarding Series. Working with our other editors, you will also help us to tell the stories that matter.
Key skills required:
- A deep knowledge of politics, business, finance, and economics;
- Demonstrable editorial judgement;
- An ability to spot narratives for our listeners’ enjoyment;
- Writing ability (tight deadlines will be a key component of the job);
- An ability to edit the work of others to make it clearer and easier to consume;
- Be a collaborative colleague, ready to take on challenges and competing priorities;
- Some familiarity with CMS (“Content Management System”);
- Audio or podcast experience is seen as an advantage; and,
- Entrepreneurial spirit, willing to get involved in projects.
Your typical day:
- Reading and staying up to date with the news across the team’s primary coverage areas;
- Contributing to the team’s content focus strategy by actively pitching new stories;
- Selecting the most relevant articles suitable for audio from our publishers;
- Preparing these articles for narration, providing adequate guidance to our team of narrators;
- Creating original content that introduces and contextualises our publishers’ articles;
- Editing the work of colleagues to ensure it is suitable to be published on the app; and
- Acting as a voice for Noa by sharing your work through app notifications, e-newsletters, and some social media work.
What will help you achieve success as one of our editors:
- A passion for knowledge and staying informed;
- A hunger to be involved in a start-up that is reshaping the news industry;
- An ability to explain complex stories and break them down into bite-size summaries;
- A strong focus for daily deliverables, coupled with high attention to detail; and,
- A willingness to consider and adjust your output according to the engagement of listeners.
The team at Noa is ambitious and highly motivated by the positive impact that we can have on the world. We have a proven track record and are now positioning ourselves to grow significantly.
We are an open company that places a lot of emphasis on giving people an environment where they feel free to develop their careers, take on real responsibility, and actively contribute in a meaningful way towards the company’s goals.
How To Apply
Next steps: If this opportunity is for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and an explanation (250 words or less) of why working with Noa appeals to you. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.
Due to restrictions, some remote working will be part of the role, at least in the initial stages.