- Starting Out
Stylus are experts in trends intelligence. We equip the most forward-thinking brands and agencies with the creative future insights they need in order to make transformative business decisions.
Our experts identify, analyse and decode the most important global trends across more than 20 industries. These cross-industry insights are used by more than 500 of the world’s leading consumer brands, businesses and agencies – including Starbucks, Apple, BBC, PepsiCo, Panasonic and more – to understand the future attitudes and behaviours of their consumers, the products and services they will be using, and how they will engage with the world around them.
The Advisory team combines Stylus’ expert trend analysis with powerful tailored research. Our bespoke projects investigate specific challenges and opportunities or deep dive into a particular topic in answer to a client brief, delivering actionable insights.
Successful applicants to the 12 month Advisory Researcher Trainee Programme will support the team on day-to-day project work, and contribute to client-facing deliverables with key research activities.
You will be working on live client projects that require:
- Attention to detail
- Care in your work
- Ability to meet deadlines when set
- Skills in communicating when you come across challenges or roadblocks in your work that will impact you and others
- The desire to understand how your work fits in to the bigger picture
All project briefs are different, so you will work on different tasks depending on the requirements of the project. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Responding to research briefs requiring desk research, searching for specific statistics, information or examples, collating your findings clearly in Word documents
- Strategically organising research into themes and sections
- Creating client-facing decks by identifying templates to use and planning layouts that will communicate information in the most impactful manner
- Finalising layouts on client facing decks in Keynote or PPT including proofing, navigational consistency, aligning images and text, and formatting layouts
Working across the whole team will give you:
- Experience in working with the different roles and functions of the advisory team
- The chance to be part of a collaborative community that welcomes difference and empowers individuality
- A direct reporting line to our Project Manager. You will work with all members of the advisory team, delivering research and project work to support the goals of the Advisory function
- Skills in organisation, and data tracking and administration to support the team in hitting their goals
You will be learning on the job with clear goals and achievement milestones with:
- A structured 12 month programme, with the potential to move into a permanent role
- A clear development plan that is engaging, challenging, and meaningful with clear benchmarks and goals to reach
- Experience working with global brands and teams, with on-the-job training and mentorship
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a positive attitude, enthusiasm, attention to detail, willingness to learn, humility
- You are keen to develop your knowledge of consumer trend research
- You can demonstrate an interest in consumer trend intelligence and awareness of the research industry
- You have intercultural awareness and curiosity, and strong written, verbal and visual communication skills
- You are as enthusiastic about a research brief as you are learning how to use a CRM management tool
How To Apply
The closing date for this role is April 30th. Apply via the link below. Please mention Journo Resources in your application, it really helps us out.