The final schedule and tickets have now been released for the first ever Journo Resources Live event, taking place next weekend (October 26) at Sheffield Hallam University.
The event, which is running entirely at cost price, will see delegates receive three in-depth masterclass workshops, as well as have the chance to meet top industry professionals and take part in our interactive panel on the future of journalism.
Tickets to the full-day event cost just £10, and also include a goodie bag to take away from, with the final 20 tickets now on sale.
“We’ve designed this event to be of use to anyone within journalism, or trying to break into the industry,” said Journo Resources founder and event organiser, Jem Collins. “It will have a real practical focus with workshops, the chances for one-on-ones, and an insider look into the future of journalism.”
Big Names, In-depth Workshops and Insightful Discussions
Speakers on our closing panel will look at the future of the journalism industry, both from an industry perspective and the skills individual journalists need to succeed. The panel includes:
- Emma Smith, Managing Editor of Business Insider UK
- Brian Bremner, Global Business Executive Editor of Bloomberg
- Hazel Davis, Co-Founder of Muse Flash Pitching
- Tet Kofi, Co-Founder of JournoLink
In addition, delegates will receive three in-depth masterclasses from:
- Dr Lily Canter, Freelance Money, Health and Lifestyle Journalist and Co-Author Digital Journalism Studies: The Key Concepts
- Jack Dearlove, Digital Editor at LEGO, Design Lead at Journo Resources and Former Deputy Head of Social at The Sun
- Jem Collins, Founder of Journo Resources and Freelance Journalist at the i Paper, Metro.co.uk and more.
Masterclass topics will include:
- CV & Cover Letter Workshop: How to make your job application really stand out.
- Pitching To Editors: How to craft the perfect pitch to editors – and find the job too.
- Cutting Video For Social Media: How to keep their interest when working for social media.
The event will run from 10am until 4/4.30pm.