The world’s leading illustrated reference publisher is seeking highly talented and motivated editorial interns to come and help them create new ways of engaging their global audience and to learn from the best in the industry.
DK was founded in London in 1974 and is now the world leading illustrated reference publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann. DK publishes highly visual, photographic non-fiction for adults and children. DK produces content for consumers in over 100 countries and over 60 languages, with offices in the UK, India, US, Germany, China, Canada, Spain and Australia.
If you are awarded one of these, you will be working in one of their creative editorial teams in the heart of London and will be involved in an exciting range of tasks.
- You will be involved in a wide range of editorial tasks, including research, editing, writing, and picture selection
- You could be working on lifestyle, reference, or children’s books
- Working on a range of subjects from food & drink and gardening, to science, history and nature
- Working in the Licensing department on some of their partner brands such as Star Wars or LEGO titles
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Don’t worry if you haven’t had any experience in publishing so far, you just need to be enthusiastic about communicating creative ideas and keen to develop your skills
- The internship is three months long and based in London. It pays the London Living Wage.
- Please upload your CV, and a covering letter explaining why you’d like an editorial internship at DK, along with up to 250 words about your favourite DK book and why you like it to email@example.com
- Those who identify as BAME can also apply via Creative Access