Journo Resources is pleased to announce the launch of it’s mentoring scheme, aimed at pairing aspiring journalists and recent graduates with those already making their way in the industry.
The scheme is open all year round, and mentors come from TV, Radio, Print and Online Journalism, as well as PR.
We won’t be pairing you with editors of nationals mind – we’ve specifically picked recent graduates who are already making impressive strides – so you can easily relate to them and they can give you the best, most relevant, advice.
Current mentors include:
- Erica Buist, The Guardian
- Ben Jackson, The Daily Mail
- Aubrey Allegretti, The Huffington Post
- Lydia Hamilton, ITV Channel Islands
- Tahlie Cooper, Diffusion PR
- Charlotte Gay, Global Radio
- Brenda Wong, Debut
- Kiran Kaur, Sky News Radio
- Jem Collins, Freelance
- Clarissa Place, Sidmouth Herald
- Sian Elvin, Kent & Sussex Courier
- Duarte Romero Varela, Totally Communications
- Molly Pike, The Daily Star
- Rebecca Lawrence, Mail Online
- Jayna Rana, Investment Week
- Mel Ramsey, LADBible
The Fine Print
We don’t guarantee that we will match everyone to a mentor. This is a competitive scheme and we will only be taking on people who have a genuine passion to succeed and have a proven track record.
We will aim to reply to all applicants with two weeks, however in exceptionally busy times, this may be extended.
If you are lucky enough to be matched with a mentor, you can expect to get a direct contact address for them, so you’ll be able to ask them any questions you may have. We’ll also announce your mentorship through our social media channels and get you a fancy printed certificate to show off how great you are.
Please remember that our mentors may be subject to change at any time – and they are busy people, so may not be able to respond to your queries immediately.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, you’re welcome to reapply after a period of at least two months – we will always try and tell you why you didn’t make the cut.
If you’re interested in applying simply fill out the form below.