We’re committed to holding and attending events all around the UK. Here’s our current line-up – but do get in touch with us if you think we’ve missed something or would like to invite us along!
We promise we’re not bad – our founder has spoken at and hosted events for groups anywhere between 10 – 250 people and here’s just a couple of nice things people said afterwards…
Jem came to Queen Mary to do a freelancing masterclass and the students were more than happy listening to her advice and knowledge. She answered all questions and gave the students some self-belief that they can succeed with freelancing. We had 100% positive feedback and by the next day, two ofour students were paid freelancers.
Christine Stokes, Student Activities Co-Ordinator
I’ve seen Jem give talks and present awards several times now, most notably at Student Publication Association Awards 2017. Jem is fun, engaging and understands the tone of an event (be it debauched or distinctly serious). I’d highly recommend as a host or a speaker at any event.
Richard Brooks, Former NUS Vice-President
- Women in Media Conference, Manchester, Freelancing Workshop and Harassment in the Media (3rd/4th March 2018)
- London Metropolitan University, Panel, Reporting Crisis and Human Rights (7th March 2018)
- Student Publication Association National Conference 2018, Cardiff, Talk and Panel (7-8th April 2018)
- Byline Festival 2018, Full Programme of Events (24-27 August 2018)
- University of Oxford, Getting in Journalism, Panel (45 People, 31st January 2018)
- Journo Resources Launch Party: Why We Need To Be Constructive About The Media (90 People, 1st February 2018)
- Goldsmiths University Media Conference, Freelancing Workshop (25 People, 3rd February 2018)
- Petroc College Annual Awards Ceremony, Guest Speaker and Awards Presentation (250 people, 5th January 2018)
- SPA Regional Conference, Exeter, Freelancing Workshop (30 People, 24th November 2017)
- SPA Regional Conference, London, Freelancing Workshop (30 people, 18th November 2017)
- Byline Festival 2017, Breaking Into Journalism Workshop (25 People, 3rd June 2017)